This post is part of our “10 Questions” series, where we help you get to know our amazing staff a little better and find out they’re (fairly) normal people.
1) What’s your name and what do you do at River City Ford?
My name’s Jeff McClure, just like Troy McClure from the Simpsons. And my position here is a Detailer.
2) What are you afraid of most in the world?
Heights. Any time I go anywhere high I actually get weirded out. Legs get all tingly and I feel I’m going to fall. When I was a kid I’d climb up trees and all that. But when I got older I just gained this fear of heights.
3) Who was your first celebrity crush?
The girl who played Kimberly on the Power Rangers [Amy Jo Johnson]. I know she’s on that show “Flashpoint” now. Might have to start watching it.
4) Who would you be if you were a superhero?
I’d probably be the X-Men character Morph.
Never heard of him.
He’s kind of like Mystique except he looks human. He can transform into whatever he wants, any mutant he wants. Being able to transform into anyone you want would be sweet.
5) Top 3 chip flavours in order, brand and flavour.
It would be Kettle Cooked Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar, Old Dutch Chili Chips, and Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked Jalapeno and Cheddar.
6) If Jeff McClure got voted in as the Prime Minister of Canada, what would be the first thing you would do?
I would just want to help people. Keep people off the streets, help places like Siloam Mission, keep less people off the streets from the bitter cold. Things that are a little more important than things like legalization.
7) If you went on American Idol for your chance to win $1 million, what song would you sing?
Well I do karaoke a lot. I’d probably do “Only The Good Die Young” by Billy Joel. Great song.
That’s a million dollar song right there.
8) What colour would you be in a crayon box and why?
I’d probably be green, just to the point that it’s my favourite colour.
Short and simple. Any particular shade of green?
Kind of like a forest green type thing.
The colour really shows his attention to detail and honesty…
9) What song best describes you as a person?
Uhhh, wow that’s a tough one. Probably “Play That Funky Music White Boy” by Wild Cherry. Because out of no where I’ll just start randomly singing. Like when I’m walking with my buddies or at work I’ll just start singing half the time.
10) What’s your favourite memory of 2016 so far?
Hmm, my favourite memory is actually the first day I meant my girlfriend.
I know it sounds corny. We had to go get a cat and try and sneak it into her place. So the first time I ever met her I picked her up, drove her to around the airport to pick up a cat, and brought it back to her place and helped her sneak it in.
And that’s how the love story started!
Yeah pretty much haha.